Saturday, January 24, 2009

Man I'm old..

Recently I was contacted regarding my 10 year high school reunion. Where has the time gone? It seems not too long ago I was cruising the halls of McCluer North High School. Rocking my Jordan jersey, with my baggy carpenter jeans. Yes I wore a silver chain and I had a caesar hair cut. I was "thug-style". I can only imagine what my classmates are going to think of me now. I don't believe too many will recognize me. Still, I'm excited to go. I look forward to reuniting with some old friends/acquaintances. I'm willing to bet more than half of them are married or with kids. I don't know why, but for some reason it makes me feel inadequate when I'm surrounded by married folks talking their "married talk". Sometimes it makes me feel like there may be something wrong with me. Why am I not married? Does that mean I'm a failure? But then I hear about all the married people who are unhappy and who envy my situation. To them, I have no responsibilites. No spouse, no kids, no mortgage, and no in-laws. I am grateful for my life thusfar. Would I change anything? Of course I would. I would have finished school on the first attempt, would have never stopped bartending, and would change my timing on some relationships. But that's hindsight, it's always 20/20.

2008 was ok,
but I've come a long way,
and I can honestly say,
JTPv.2009 is the best version yet!

And like a fine wine, I keep getting better with age..

No comments: