Sunday, September 21, 2008

Finally..

I'm hungry.. I'm starving.. And I couldn't be happier.. I'm ready to attack life, head-on. Most people my age are on cruise control. Good for them. I could easily do the same thing: sit back, work my day job, wait for promotions, etc. But I want more. I want it all. To this point in my life, I've been a failure. Sure, my friends and family would say I'm successful. They're awesome people, that's what they do, and that's why I love them. Ultimately, I hold myself to the highest standard. People change. I've seen the light. Throughout my entire adult life, I've had NO CLUE as to what I wanted to do with life. That's one of the reasons I didn't finish college. Figuring out exactly what you want to do with your life is too much pressure to put on a young person. While in school, I considered many occupations (restaurant owner, sports broadcaster, architect, computer programmer), but I've never had the enthusiasm to follow through with them. Until now.

I want to be a sports agent. Not just any old agent, but a super agent. I know what you're thinking. Trust me, I've already seen the look on a couple of peoples' faces when I've told them. But you're nuts if you don't think I will do this. I love when people doubt me, it only hardens my resolve. Being an agent will give me every opportunity I want. I've wanted to own my own business, work in sports, and make lots of money. I love to negotiate. I also love the euphoric rush I get when I close a deal. I'm used to fast paced work that's everchanging. I enjoy making things happen, and putting out fires. I like managing people and economics. Everything I've done to this point in my life has prepared me, one way or another, to excell in this field. Probably the hardest part will be attaining my law degree, which is essential for doing any sort of contract litigation. Yes, I know what that means ;) The bottom line is I've only been this motivated a couple of times in my life. Every other time being a success. Granted, I've never aimed this high. But I wasn't ready, or passionate for those other things. Plus, I currently have a job that affords me alot of down time, which will lessen the burden of school. Man's Man has a plan plan. My search is over, let the journey begin!

No comments: