Monday, September 8, 2008

A Monday Poem

Way too much sleep.. How old have I become?

Good news is I'm up early enough to go outside and run.

A liberating feel, once the wind hits your face.

Reminds me, if I desire, I can run to any place.



I'd like to run to Sicily, but that would be tough without a boat.

Or maybe run to Canada, but then I'd probably need a coat.

Maybe I'll run to Austrailia, try to race one of the 'roos.

Or maybe I'll run to Wrigley, just to see the Cubbies lose.



Anywhere's an option, it just depends upon my mood.

And anywhere I go, better have some damn good food.

It's always nice to think about, someday traveling the world.

It's also fun to think about, someday finding that lucky girl.



She better'd be open-minded, and like to try new things.

And it wouldn't hurt her case, if she looked good in a pair of jeans.

Hopefully she'll speak Italian, for when we go to my home land.

And just maybe she's romantic, and we roll around in the sand.



The future is exciting, many things left to check off my list.

And hopefully I'll check 'em all, not a single one gets missed.

Because when it's all said and done, and I decide to settle down,

It's about being able to turn the page, and having no regrets around.





5 days until the weekend!

No comments: